Holy Rosary School is in the process of an exciting transformation! All of the information on this website applies to the current school year. To find materials and read about the exciting information for the upcoming school year, please visit the Duluth Catholic School webpage for all updated information!
New Duluth Catholic School Registration
The Duluth Catholic School is accepting applications
New Student Application available here.
Holy Rosary Campus (preK-4)
St. James Campus (preK-8)
St. John’s Campus (5-8)
Interested in a tour? All campuses are hosting “Welcome Wednesday” open house events. Each Wednesday morning, the campuses are open for tours and information. If you would like to request another time for a tour, please contact the campus to make other arrangements.
Holy Rosary: Welcome Wednesday (8:00 – 9:00 AM)
St. James: Welcome Wednesday (9:30 – 10:30 AM)
St. John’s: Welcome Wednesday (9:00 – 10:00 AM)
More information on the School is available here.
JOY: Holy Rosary School
The Journey Begins Here...
Perched on a hillside above Lake Superior, Holy Rosary School inspires students to explore the world around them. Established in 1923, this community of learners with Christ as model offers the rigors of Catholic education, balanced with specialists in fine arts, service learning and a character development program. We invite you to explore the difference a Holy Rosary education can make.
Message from the Principal
We invite you to join us at Holy Rosary School for premier Catholic education. This amazing community of learners and believers values their relationship with Christ to guide our work as learners, as believers and as servants to others. Academic excellence is a result of daily prayer, regular reflection, hard work, joy-filled play, recognition of our gifts and respect for the gifts of others. Contact us to work with our teachers, learn with our students, and support the mission of a Christ-centered learning environment.
Holy Rosary School
2802 East Fourth Street
Duluth, MN 55812
Phone: (218) 724-8565
Fax: (218) 724-6201
Office Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Mrs. Jodi Altonen, 1st Grade Teacher
- Mr. Kyle Bakas, Middle School Teacher
- Mrs. Anna Marie Bergeland, Elementary and Middle School Specialist Teacher
- Mr. David (Butch) Brula, Maintentance
- Mrs. Kristin Chederquist, Administrative Assistant, Elementary Specialist Teacher
- Mr. Eric Cyr, Middle School Teacher
- Mr. Scott Fifield, Maintentance
- Mr. Matthew Forsman, Middle School Teacher
- Mr. Dan Gershgol, Maintentance
- Mr. James Giuffre, Middle School Teacher
- Ms. Michelle Gribbon, Middle School Specialist Teacher
- Mrs. Sue Grohn, Nurse
- Mrs. Anne Hoeksema, Administrative Associate
- Mrs. Mary Hoffman, Elementary Art
- Mrs. Sarah Huibregtse, Middle School Teacher
- Mrs. Jenna Kelly, Director of Enrollment and Marketing, Elementary Specialist Teacher
- Mrs. Kristin Larson, Middle School Teacher
- Mr. Eric Lassila, Middle School Teacher
- Mr. Mike Lucich, Tech Support
- Mrs. Randi Lucich, Elementary and Middle School Specialist Teacher
- Miss K.T. Mueller, Middle School Specialist Teacher
- Mrs. Sarah Murray, Middle School Teacher
- Mrs. Marie Nelson, Core Instructional Support (Grade 2)
- Mrs. Tamsin Nelson, 4th Grade Teacher
- Mr. Travis Rains, Middle School Specialist Teacher
- Mrs. Wendy Rectenwald, Core Instructional Support (Grade 2)
- Miss Ranee Soeder, Middle School Teacher
- Mrs. Deb Stephan, Middle School Teacher, Elementary Specialist Teacher
- Mrs. Lee Stubenvoll, Director of Mission Advancement
- Mrs. Suzy Wagness, 2nd Grade Teacher
- Ms. Carole Zanardi, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Mrs. Bridget Zuk, Middle School Teacher, Special Education Coordinator